New Foods You Need to Try in October
Fall is in full swing, and we can’t get enough of the warming spices, hearty flavors, and sweet treats that the season brings.
Take a sneak peek at some of the things we’ll be adding to our virtual aisles in October, then give them a try in your next delivery.
Versatile veggies to add nutrients and flavor to any meal:
- Ark Foods Honey Nut Squash: Packed with beta-carotene, these small and sweet squash are a tasty and quick cooking way to enjoy a hearty fall veggie.
- Kevin’s Natural Foods Mashed Sweet Potatoes: These silky mashed sweet potatoes are made simply with ghee, sea salt, and coconut milk for a smooth and decadent dish.
- Cucina Amore Riced Cauliflower: The most versatile veggie around does it again. Cauliflower florets are finely chopped for a low-carb rice alternative that's ready to enjoy in 90 seconds.
Snack packs to keep you fueled through busy fall days:
- Good Planet Foods Plant-Based Gouda Snack Pack: Bold plant-based cheese cubes pair with salted almonds and dried cranberries for a protein-packed pick-me-up.
- Good Foods Chunky Guacamole + Chip Dipper: Conveniently packed together, these gluten-free white corn tortilla chips and zesty guacamole are a delightful on-the-go bite.
- Olli Salumeria Pepperoni + Mozzarella Snack Pack: This charcuterie-inspired pack is complete with spicy pepperoni, smooth mozzarella cheese, and crisp artisanal crackers.
Plant-based products that will please vegans and omnivores alike:
- Plant Provisions Mesquite BBQ Veggie Slices: These smoky veggie slices are made from real, wholesome ingredients (like sweet potato and chickpeas) and flavored with paprika and brown sugar for a hearty plant-based deli meat.
- Green House Foods Plant-Based Mini Chocolate Donuts: Made with almond flour, pea protein, and plenty of cocoa, these chocolate-glazed goodies are a low-sugar, high-protein way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Fabalish Organic Vegan Mayo: This egg-free take on the beloved condiment is made with aquafaba (the liquid from chickpeas) to create a light and creamy sauce you'll want to put on everything.
Festive sweets, for when you can’t resist starting the holiday season a little early:
- JoJo's Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Bites: These dark chocolate bites are topped with peppermint candies and gluten-free pretzel pieces, for a salty-sweet holiday snack.
- Dewey's Gingerbread Cookie Thins: These ultra-thin cookies are baked with candied, puréed, and ground ginger, for a sweet spiced treat you'll love.
- Carnegie Deli Chocolate Babka Slice: This classic Jewish bread has an eggy, pillowy dough, with ribbons of rich dark chocolate throughout.