7 Tips for the Perfect Friendsgiving
December 15, 2023
Hosting Friendsgiving and feeling in over your head? No need to panic. These simple tips will help you pull off a smashing, stress-free celebration.
- Set the table the day before. When you’ve got the oven and three different stovetop burners going, the last thing you want to think about is folding napkins. Get the table setting out of the way at least 24-hours in advance and save yourself the day-of stress.
- Accommodate dietary needs. Ask your friends about any allergies or preferences ahead of time, and make sure you’ve got options they can eat. (Pro tip: our plant-based roast is a tasty meat alternative for your vegan guests.)
- Don’t hesitate to accept help. If your friend offers to bring dessert, take them up on it! You don’t have to handle everything yourself. In fact, your guests probably want to pitch in—so let them.
- Hors d'oeuvres are a must. Chances are, dinner might take a little longer to get on the table than you planned. Don’t worry about it! As long as you’ve got a big grazing board, your guests won’t go hungry while they wait. (Check out our tips for building an amazing one here.)
- Homemade is overrated. Don’t feel pressured to make everything from scratch. Salad kits (like this sweet kale one), pre-chopped veggies, and flavorful sauces can cut your work in half.
- Dress comfortably. Every host wants to look their best, of course, but don’t let fashion override function. You’ll be in the kitchen, after all, so skip the bell sleeves (fire hazard!) and anything that could be ruined by a spilled glass of wine.
- Don't let extra food go to waste. Order reusable to-go containers ahead of your Friendsgiving so you can send your guests home with leftovers. Sustainable and delicious!