5 Ways to Enjoy Peaches This Summer
The quintessential summery fruit has finally arrived.
At their peak from June to the end of August, peaches have a short but sweet season that makes them all the more special. And it’s not just the taste that we love—peaches also offer tons of nutrients, from vitamin C to fiber to beta carotene.
Plus, we work with the coolest farm to get this fruit to your fridge: HMC Farms, one of the largest adopters of solar power in the industry. Fun fact: they’ve got enough solar panels to generate more than 3 megawatts of renewable solar energy.
There’s no shortage of ways to devour this juicy fruit, but we’ve managed to narrow it down to a handful of our favorites below. Add some to your next delivery and sink your teeth into summer.
- Blend in a smoothie. On hot summer days, there’s nothing better than starting your day with a refreshing and nutritious treat. Add some greens, ice, and the milk of your choice for a simple, satisfying breakfast.
- Throw them on the grill. The grill isn’t just for burgers and dogs anymore! Place halved peaches on a hot and oiled grate and lightly char for a smoky-sweet side or dessert.
- Chop into a salsa. Tomatoes and peaches are a match made in culinary heaven. Add a little bit of spice and you’ve got a zesty salsa to top tacos—or enjoy with a bag of chips.
- Toss in a salad. Start with greens and diced peaches…then go crazy. Try adding nuts of your choice for some crunch, whichever rich and creamy cheese you love most, and a simple dressing.
- Slice + snack. Let’s be honest: this deliciously juicy fruit is perfectly tasty on its own. Keep some on hand all summer long for a quick, nutrient-packed bite, anytime.