Stay Hydrated the Tasty Way with These Nutritious Foods
Want to stay hydrated but tired of constantly chugging water? Filling your diet with hydrating foods just might be your answer.
From spinach and melons to tomatoes and citrus, there are tons of options for tasty fruits and veggies with seriously impressive water content. Staying hydrated can be delicious and diverse—not a monotonous task.
Take a peek at some of our favorite hydrating heroes, and add them to your next delivery to quench your body’s thirst:
- Leafy greens. Spinach, with its 91% water content, is a green hydration superstar, while adding a nutritional punch to your meals. Add it to almost any dish for a simple way to up your water consumption.
- Melons. Deliciously juicy watermelon and cantaloupes are your perfect summer hydration companions. Enjoy them in salads, smoothies, or simply snack on them on their own.
- Citrus fruits. Lemons, oranges, and grapefruits are not only delightfully hydrating but are filled with vital nutrients like vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Tomatoes. With a 94% water content, these fruits pack some serious hydration—and including them in your diet is a breeze, thanks to their versatility. Tomatoes add a burst of color and flavor to salads, sandwiches, or as a part of a tasty, hydrating snack.
- Cucumbers. These veggies are the MVP of hydration, with the highest water content of any food at 96%. Plus, with tons of vitamins and fiber, they make a nutritious snack or salad topper.