New Foods to Try in September
September just feels like a fresh start. Whether you’re heading back to school, reestablishing routine after summer travel, or simply embracing the turn of the seasons, this month is defined by newness.
In the spirit of all things fresh and new, we’ve got a delicious and diverse lineup of groceries showing up in our virtual aisles in September. Craving autumnal produce? We’ve got plenty. Looking for treats to satisfy your sweet tooth? There are tons to try. In need of crunchy snacks to send to school? Handled.
Take a look at a few of the eats we’re most excited for this month and give them a try in your next delivery.
Cozy seasonal veggies that taste like fall:
- Butternut Squash Cubes: No cutting, peeling, or prep necessary for this delightfully sweet and nutty squash. Plus, it’s packed to the brim with vitamin A and other antioxidants.
- Harvest Roasting Mix: Sweet potato, gala apples, red onion, fresh thyme, and parsley make for a colorful and super-hearty autumn blend that’s fully chopped and ready to roast.
- Petite Sweet Potatoes: These orange sweet potatoes may be smaller than your average spud, but they're just as flavorful, full of vitamins, and make a deliciously hearty veggie side.
Delicious desserts to satisfy every palate:
- Dark Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake Mix: This mug cake mix is made using upcycled okara flour (from the pulp from the soy-making process), and plenty of cocoa powder, for an easy treat that's as delicious as it is sustainable.
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake: This decadent dessert is creamy and pumpkin-y as can be, but it also happens to be keto-friendly and grain-free. With 10g protein and only 2g sugar, it's a better-for-you way to enjoy a sweet treat.
- Vanilla Rice Pudding: Creamy rice pudding, made from simple, high-quality ingredients. Organic milk and cream join forces with rice and pure Madagascar vanilla for an updated take on this pudding cup classic.
Cheesy, crunchy, crispy—these tasty snacks are sure to satisfy:
- Sea Salt Cheddar Cheese Crackers: These crisp crackers are made from organic cheddar sourced from regenerative farms. They're salty, satisfying, and have more protein and fewer carbs than your average cheesy cracker.
- Plant-Based Pizza Snacks: A crunchy, veggie-based shell surrounds a pizza-flavored filling, for a satisfying snack that happens to be vegan, gluten-free, and packed with protein and fiber.
- Terra Exotic Vegetable Chips: These are not your average chips. Made with four root veggies—russet potato, sweet potato, parsnip, and batata—they're crisp, lightly salted, and colorful as can be.