Make These Margaritas Before Summer’s Over
In the mood to chill out with a refreshing cocktail? Our very own Chef Danielle has you covered with two tasty twists on the go-to summertime drink: margaritas.
If you’re feeling something tart and citrusy, the Grapefruit Margarita will quench your thirst. Or you can take a more adventurous route with a Golden Kiwi Margarita, which puts our Energizing Green Juice to delicious use. Either way, you can’t go wrong when fruit and tequila are involved.
(Psst—they both pair perfectly with Sea Salt Cauliflower Tortilla Chips and Green Chile Chicken Tacos. Cheers!)
¼-½ cup 100% Raw Honey
1 ½ cups (12 oz) of your favorite silver tequila
¼ cup fine kosher salt
1. Wash limes + grapefruit; slice off 2 thin rounds of each for garnish.
2. Slice rind off both limes + grapefruit, discarding rinds.
3. To a blender, add both peeled limes, peeled grapefruit, ¼ cup honey + tequila. Blend until smooth, then taste + add an additional ¼ cup honey if needed.
4. Pour mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a pitcher, discarding pulp.
5. Place kosher salt on a small plate. Run lime wedge over lip of glasses + dip glasses into salt, coating edge. Fill glasses ⅔ full with ice. Place ½ round lime + ½ round grapefruit into each glass. Pour + enjoy!
Golden Kiwi Margarita
Hungryroot Energizing Green Juice
1 Fresh Golden Kiwi, skin removed and fruit chopped
1.5-2 oz of your favorite tequila
.5 oz triple sec
1 tsp 100% Raw Honey
- Add kiwi to glass, then muddle (lightly mash) the kiwi.
- Add tequila, triple sec + honey, then stir + top with ice.
- Fill to top with green juice, then stir to mix well.
- Garnish with extra kiwi slices if desired + enjoy!