Make These Margaritas Before Summer’s Over
In the mood to chill out with a refreshing cocktail? Our very own Chef Danielle has you covered with two tasty twists on the go-to summertime drink: margaritas.
If you’re feeling something tart and citrusy, the Grapefruit Margarita will quench your thirst. Or you can take a more adventurous route with a Golden Kiwi Margarita, which puts our Energizing Green Juice to delicious use. Either way, you can’t go wrong when fruit and tequila are involved.
¼-½ cup 100% Raw Honey
1 ½ cups (12 oz) of your favorite silver tequila
¼ cup fine kosher salt
1. Wash limes + grapefruit; slice off 2 thin rounds of each for garnish.
2. Slice rind off both limes + grapefruit, discarding rinds.
3. To a blender, add both peeled limes, peeled grapefruit, ¼ cup honey + tequila. Blend until smooth, then taste + add an additional ¼ cup honey if needed.
4. Pour mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a pitcher, discarding pulp.
5. Place kosher salt on a small plate. Run lime wedge over lip of glasses + dip glasses into salt, coating edge. Fill glasses ⅔ full with ice. Place ½ round lime + ½ round grapefruit into each glass. Pour + enjoy!
Golden Kiwi Margarita
1 Fresh Golden Kiwi, skin removed and fruit chopped
1.5-2 oz of your favorite tequila
.5 oz triple sec
1 tsp 100% Raw Honey
- Add kiwi to glass, then muddle (lightly mash) the kiwi.
- Add tequila, triple sec + honey, then stir + top with ice.
- Fill to top with green juice, then stir to mix well.
- Garnish with extra kiwi slices if desired + enjoy!