Here’s a look at what we’re currently munching on at Hungryroot!
Mighty Maca Matcha Milk
If you haven’t hopped on the matcha train yet, it’s time to get aboard. Matcha is a premium green tea powder that originates in Japan but has exploded worldwide in popularity in recent years.
Despite its caffeine content, matcha is believed to produce an “alert calm” energy, which helps relax the mind and body while remaining focused. This is because of matcha’s high concentration of l-theanine, which simultaneously counters the stimulating effects of caffeine and combines with the caffeine to improve mental concentration.
Our organic Mighty Maca Matcha Milk is loaded with adaptogens, which are natural substances that help us deal with stress and fatigue and can improve physical endurance, mood and mental focus.
In addition to organic matcha, our milk contains organic maca root, spirulina, turmeric, making it a superfood powerhouse. Plus, it has 10 grams of protein for sustained energy and probiotics for a healthy gut.
How to enjoy
- Stash our matcha milk in your purse and enjoy as a post-workout nosh or an afternoon snack.
- For an easy matcha latte, heat our matcha milk on the stove until steaming and then transfer to a blender to add froth or use a handheld frother wand. Alternatively, pour matcha milk in a mason jar, warm in a mug in the microwave for 60-75 and then shake vigorously (with lid on) for 20 seconds.
- Combine our matcha milk with frozen bananas in a blender or food processor for soft-serve matcha nice cream.
Ginger Brussels Yuba Lo Mein
So…what exactly is Yuba? Yuba refers to the topmost thin veil that forms on the surface as soy milk cooks and proteins and fats rise to the top. Accordingly, it has the highest protein content amongst all types of whole soy products, with just 4 ounces containing 23 grams.
Our organic, non-GMO yuba noodles come in the shape of, you guessed it, noodles, making it the perfect low-carb alternative to traditional noodles and a much healthier option than takeout.
If that weren’t enough nutrition, we pair our yuba noodles with shaved Brussels sprouts to make this Ginger Brussels Yuba Lo Mein.
Just half a cup of cooked Brussels sprouts offers more than 100% of your daily needs for Vitamin K, a vitamin that is essential for bone health and may decrease the risk of fractures. Brussels sprouts are also loaded with Vitamin C, fiber and a slew of other vitamins and minerals.
And in one serving of this dish, you’ll get 16 grams of protein, 9 grams of fiber and 120% of your daily Vitamin C needs.
How to enjoy
- For more traditional lo mein flavors, add a dash of soy sauce and sesame oil to the shaved Brussels sprouts while cooking. Then top with sesame seeds, green onions and roasted peanuts.
- To increase your veggie intake, finely chop up your favorite veggies–for instance, carrots, onions, mushrooms, bok choy–and sauté them along withe the shaved Brussels sprouts.
Warm Lentil Moroccan Carrots
In this Moroccan-inspired dish, we pair sweet carrots with a spicy curry and a tangy, crunchy lentil salad, which makes for an irresistible medley of flavors and textures.
Here’s why our Warm Lentil Moroccan Carrots is a nutritional superstar:
- Cooking carrots increases their antioxidant activity, making them more available for the body to process than raw carrots Specifically, cooking carrots boosts the amount of beta-carotene, an antioxidant that your body converts to Vitamin A, which, in turn, may boost your immune system and eyesight.
- Carrots are a rich source of biotin, a B-complex vitamin which helps maintain healthy skin, hair and nails. Who doesn’t want glowing skin and hair??
- Our Coconut Curry contains curry powder, and one of the primary ingredients in curry powder is curcumin, an antioxidant that has been shown to stop cancer cells from dividing.
- Lentils are one of the best sources of soluble fiber, which can help lower cholesterol, regulate blood sugar and provide steady, slow-burning energy.
- One serving of this dish contains 11 grams of fiber, 175% of your daily Vitamin A needs, and 25% of your daily Vitamin C needs.